Nurses, have you tried one of those cheap and poor quality scrubs, in which the moment you put them on you wanted to crawl out of them right away because they are so uncomfortable, the style and shapes are so unflattering!
Let’s all admit , the comfort is very important, but looking good in them is also as important as you would not want to be looking like you are wearing pajamas or house clothes at work. As bedside nurse, we may have one of the hardest job there is out there but it is still a must, to look and feel good with our scrubs.
So to help you with choosing one that will save you money in the long run with regards to comfort and style, I have put together these list of top 3 nurses scrubs that are worth every bit of your buck!
Factors To Consider When Shopping For Scrubs
One of the perks of being a nurse is being able to dress comfortably at work. Life is just so easy as we don’t have to worry with what to wear as we are not required to wear any work formal attire. Scrubs, I believe, are the most practical attire there is. Honestly, when I am feeling so rushed and I am on the go , I wear my black scrub pants anywhere and pair it with any top that matches.
When I started as a nurse, we used to wear those traditional nurse attire (yes, that’s how I old I am) where the fabric was so warm and uncomfortable not to mention the outdated boring style! Fortunately, gone are those days as there are so much brand and style to choose from.
Buying a scrub is an investment as you don’t want to keep buying one that is of poor quality and is not of style that fits you. There are several factors to consider in picking for scrubs such as comfort, durability, price and fashion because just like I said earlier with so many tasks at hand like lifting, pulling, walking (sometimes running) etc, these nonstop movement and numerous tasks it is a torture to wear one that is not comfortable and stylish. We definitely don’t want to look so harassed after a long day!
We want to look professional and fresh even after a hard day of work. Yes, scrubs plays a very important role in looking fresh so you want to choose one that is of good fabric/material (otherwise you will sweat in them like crazy), one that does not fade easily, durable (so you won’t have to deal with those hanging threads and holes on those pockets and under the arm or deal with missing buttons (because of poor quality) and pants that are so awkward as it slides every time you walk or sit and squat (even though they are brand new).
With all these options on the market comes the confusion of wading through all that is available to find what is right for you. So here are my suggestions which are my top three favorites to help make your search easier.
But first let me tell you some instances that I have seen to point out the importance of choosing the right scrub.
One day, we had a broken blood pressure machine in our unit so we called Biomedical Engineering team to come look at the machine and to fix it. Two ladies came and looked at it but the other lady went down on her knees to look at the bottom part of the machine. Unfortunately, her intergluteal cleft showed up (butt crack in other words). Don’t you hate those kind of low rise pants that does not give you any room to not show those parts when you sit? The sad part also was, her scrub top was short and small for her built, so it did not give her any privacy.
Luckily for her, I was the only one who saw it and so I was able to tell her by positioning myself behind where she was to cover her behind.
Another instance was whenever a co worker will sit to chart, her side flabs shows up, her scrub top is tight and always goes up to her tummy when she sits. And you can see how uneasy she gets with her scrubs but she never bother to buy new ones.
A senior nurse still wears her scrubs from probably 10-15 years ago as you can see how faded her scrubs are and they all look so outdated and unflattering.
Of course, I didn’t mention all these to make fun of people but instead to realize that it pays to present ourselves well and to take care of ourselves by investing on good quality and well fitted scrubs.
Top 3 Nursing Scrubs—Product Review
Where I buy them from: Amazon.com
This item can be returned for any reason and get a full refund: no shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
- PERFECT FIT SCRUB PANTS and Scrub Top – These tailored straight-leg scrub pants and scrub top provide you superior fit, comfort and function throughout your day. I love that it’s a straight-leg, has a soft fabric and the top is not constricting as it doesn’t limit your movements, does not leave any marks on the skin and no irritation even though you’ve had it for more than 12 hours.
- STYLISH DESIGN WITH MAXIMUM DURABILITY – The pants has a flat stretch knit yoga waistband, tailored fit and reinforced double-needle stitching to *provide you superior fit, comfort and function throughout your day. It is so wonderful that they thought of incorporating this “knit yoga waistband” as we women who already had kids and those that has perfect belly can benefit from this as we can hide our imperfect tummy and to those that are gifted with flat tummies, how nice is it to not worry about a zipper or a drawstring that keeps falling off? As for the FIGS Casma scrub top, it has a flattering tailored fit design and also has a reinforced double-needle stitching that will also provide you with superior fit, comfort and function throughout your day. Cool right?
- SMART STORAGE – Two pockets on the back of these nurse scrub pants provide ample storage for all your necessities. And the Casma three-pocket scrub top has two flattering, deep front pockets and one hidden interior pocket that also provides maximum storage. No need to worry where to place those saline flushes, alcohol pads, curos and band aids to save you from walking back and forth to your cart.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT AND FEEL – Engineered with FIGS signature FION Technology fabric. FIGS innovative fabric features four-way stretch fabric that is also antimicrobial, anti-wrinkle, liquid repellent, lightweight and ridiculously soft. Another favorite of a lot of nurses is the no iron feature as it saves us time and energy.
- PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE –The Kade cargo scrub pant and the Casma three pocket scrub top is modern, clean and tailored to fit so you will look polished and professional without sacrificing comfort and function. Which is exactly what we need , to still look fresh and polished after a long day of work.
Sure It’s an Expensive Pair of Scrubs… But The Cost Saving Is Unreal
You are probably thinking, if you can get away with cheap ones why would you have to spend so much on scrubs? I believe comfort, durability and style has no price tag. As a nurse for a long time now, I have had to buy so many scrubs that saved me money for a while but in the long run it costs me more as they either faded easily, not comfortable and not stylish, so I would end up buying more frequently which is really not cost effective, if you think about it.
I understand that it is a drawback to pay for the upfront cost of these scrubs but you really do get what you pay for!
Price: $28.95 – $32.95
Price: $34.95 – $38.95
Where I Buy Them From: Amazon.com
Hassle free return for these items for any reason and get a full refund: no shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
My Rating: 9 out of 10
Barco, Grey’s Anatomy Emma Scrub Top and Barco, Grey’s Anatomy Emma Scrub Pant
- They both have a wonderful flexibility that does not restrict movements, which I like as you know how busy we all can get.
- They are modern yet simple, the scrub top features a v-neckline (which will give us the needed privacy as we bend down a lot), angled seams, four pockets, and a curved hemline (which I think is ingenious as it gives it a flair).
- The scrub top is gently contoured to flatter your figure, the Spandex Stretch fabric also offers comfort and flexibility to get you through your busy day and enhance your performance throughout after a long demanding day. This is another favorite feature of mine as even though one may have an imperfect shape, it still gives you that flatter as the scrub has this contour that gives that illusion shape which is very crafty.
- It has a moisture-wicking features in which they are made of high-tech polyester that does not hang onto your sweat that can make your garment heavy and unpleasantly clammy.
- The scrub pants has a slim, simple straight leg that features a mid-rise elastic waistband with flat front, five pockets for storage and a modern fit. Another good feature that is very important as the elastic waistband will keep our stubborn tummy bulges behave and those multiple pockets will again save us steps as we can store those small supplies in there.
Still Is A Pricey Option, But it’s All Worth The Money
I know that it is still quite a bit of investment. But just like I said if you want comfort and style, you may have to invest a little, because at the end of the day, comfort and style is worth the investment!
Price: $16.79 – $36.38
Price: $25.49 – $37.38
Where I Buy Them From: Amazon.com
You can return this item for any reason and get a full refund: no shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
My Rating: 8.5 out of 10
- Landau, Urbane 4 Pocket tunics and the Drawstring Scrub Pant has this classic style with innovative functionality.
- Plus, there’s no shortage on storage. The top features double top-entry pockets with instrument division. The wearer’s right pocket has three grosgrain pen loops with contrast triple stitching, and the left pocket includes a badge clip.
- Front bust darts and back princess seams offer just the right amount of shape to flatter your figure while the contrast stitching on the side seam add pops of color.
- They have a contemporary fit, stylish and comfortable as their fabric is soft and have a subtle stretch.
- The scrub pant is modern and slim which features a full drawstring waist that is anchored and exposed on the back waist and a contemporary cut on the hip and thigh that complement the moto-inspired knee-seaming detail.
- The straight leg silhouette is accented with side vents and a single back pocket.
- There’s a Grosgrain badge tab on the hip which is highlighted by contrast triple-needle stitching. Fun touches of color are added with a silicone U-Daisy on the hip and contrast stitching on the full elastic waistband.
The Only Downside With Landau, Urbane..
Their top runs small or short. So with this brand I tend to buy a bigger size top to fit me or for me to be comfortable in it. And it is also on the pricey side but I love the softness of its fabric and it’s breathable. So to me these scrubs are worth your money.
I have tried so many scrubs in the past from the cheapest to the most expensive ones. Personally, these are the only three for now that I can suggest as the rest of the others that I have tried and owned are not worth and of cheap quality even though some of them are quite expensive too.
If your favorite scrubs are not one of these that I mentioned above, please let me know what they are and the qualities that you like from them. For any questions and comments, please leave them down below.